Friday 11 May 2012

Pictures that make me smile . . .

A picture speaks to each of us differently.  
What we see with our eyes is only 
a fraction of its depth.  
A photo cannot tell what a person is thinking or feeling; 
or what it connects us to in our journey of growing or healing.
(just noticed that this rhymes which was quite unintentional)  
It reminds me of the quote: 'a camera cannot see the inside of a kiss' 
(Diana Evans - '26a'
I think I need to start taking more pictures of 'moments'.  
Here are a few that make me smile . . . 
(Please note: do not copy and paste these for your 
personal use; I'm sure you have lots of your own :) 

* * * * *



A sunny day spent with friends at English Bay in Vancouver.  
This man walked past us several times.  Didn't know it until 
after we had seen the pictures that he had a tattoo of Jesus on his back. :)

* * * * * 


A handmade bracelet and necklace given to me by one of my kindergarteners 
(Tekoa P. you are amazing!) Yup, the choker has an encased bug in it. :)


This is a handmade heart from one of my grade 2 students (Aiden).  Each layer is cut 
out individually and glued onto the other.  It is made out of sparkly sheets of foam.

* * * * *


 
I love this picture because it signifies to me
 two cultures extending themselves in friendship.

* * * * *

 
This was the bathroom in the apt. we stayed at in Paris.  
No toilet seat; the floor was incredibly warped, the shower
about 2' x 2'.  I am standing in the kitchen taking this picture :)

* * * * *

A picture I took of random people watching the hockey game during the Olympics 
in Vancouver in 2010.  Love the expressions and intensity on their faces.

* * * * *

The easy part walking up Grouse Mtn.  A grueling hike but so worth it!

* * * * *

Signs of Spring along the Discovery Trail
looking over the foot bridge.
* * * * *


My friend's very well used Bible; the way it should look :)

* * * * *


BC has the most amazing trees!

* * * * *

3 sisters with the same MEC backpack.  I bought mine in Vancouver; 
L. bought hers in Halifax; M. bought hers in Winnipeg

* * * * * 

seeing life through the eyes of a child

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment